Week of January 27th- 31st-
Math- Fractions- equivalent, comparing, ordering, and simplifying
Grammar- Correct use of commas in writing
Writing- Informational writing
Reading- Poetry, Drama, and Prose
Social Studies- A New Nation
Week of October 21st- Thank you all who made it in for conference week. It was a pleasure being able to discuss all your students strengths with you all! Here is what we have planned for the coming week.
- Math- We will continue to work on our multiplication fluency and practicing our multi- digit by one digit multiplication. This weeks skills will include learning various methods for solving two digit by two digit multiplication.
- Grammar- Irregular Verbs, Simple Verbs, and problem verbs.
- Writing- We will being our Opinion Writing Unit. We will discuss what opinions are, what opinion writing is, and look at a few opinion pieces and analyze them.
- Reading- We will continue working in our Book Club groups and reading our novels. The skill of the week is Context Clues and learning how to use what is in our text to understand what we are reading.
- Social Studies- Wrapping up Revolutionary War. A study guide was sent home with students on Friday Oct. 18th to help prepare for test. Students may also go to www.quizizz.com and use the pin 398109 to join a practice quiz.
Week of October 7th- This is the last week of the first quarter! We have worked hard for nine whole weeks already!
- Math- Multiplication- We will begin introducing different methods of solving multi-digit by single digit problems. PLEASE make sure you are practicing your multiplication facts regularly! They will be very important in all skills for the remainder of the year.
- Grammar- Verbs and Verb tenses
- Writing- Finalizing our Narrative writing piece. This will be shared with parents during conference week.
- Reading- Character Traits & continue reading our Book Club novels.
Week of September 9th- We have made it through out first progress reports and all the kiddos continue to work hard. Here is what we will be learning this week!
- Math- Adding and subtracting multi digit numbers review, Area and Perimeter
- Grammar- Nouns and ProNouns
- Social Studies- We will begin out first Social Studies unit which is The American Revolution
- Writing- Perfecting a Paragraph- we took a step back from our Narrative writing to really make sure we are writing the perfect paragraph.
- Reading- Wrapping up Main Idea and Supporting Details. Moving on to identifying the Theme of a story. And we will continue to work in or Book Club groups. Ask your child what book they are reading :)
Week of 8/5-8/16 We are off a great start for our school year. Here is what we are working on in all subject areas:
Math: Place Value, Comparing and Ordering Numbers, Rounding, and Problem Solving.
Grammar: Subjects and Predicates
Writing: Introduction to Narrative Writing
Science: Space Science
Reading: Making Inferences
Week of 8/19- Math:Place Value, Comparing and Ordering Numbers, Rounding, and Problem Solving.
Grammar- Types of Sentences & Spelling Lesson 1
Writing: Narrative Writing
Science- Space Science- What Are Planets?
Reading- Main Idea- This week we will also start our Book Club rotations! Be sure to ask your student what book they are reading in their group!